I've taken some FUN pictures lately...I posted some (blogs below) but check out my facebook links to see what's been going on this summer.
Anyway - back to camping. It was fun and nice to get away from life/work/computers for a week. The time sure went by fast though. Other big events besides staying dry in pull-ups for us this week were:
- Playing in the ocean. She LOVED it! I was so surprised. At her and and even older I was terrified of the ocean. Haiden, not so much. As cold as it was, she ran right in and got soaking wet. She played, fell, blew bubbles and had a great time until she had to get out. Then, she realized that her legs were covered in wet sand - que FREAK OUT!
- Playing in sand. This was a first for her... and hard for me, but I got over it. She had a great time playing in the dirt around camp. A friend bought her a Princess tea set and she sure loved that.
- Boogie Boarding. If playing in the ocean wasn't enough, she tried boogie boarding a few days later. I thought that this might scare her but Nope! She grabbed onto the rope and hung on while I drug her through the shallow waves. After about 30minutes she was turning blue and I had to pry her frozen hands off the rope. She loved every minute of it right up until she got on Grandma's boogie board and she was dummped off.
- Bike Rides. Just before we left for camping I decided that I wanted to get a bike and trailer and I'm so glad we did. We found them on craigslist for $40 each - what a bargain! We had a ton of fun riding around the campground and on the trails. Although, most of the time, Haiden fell alseep!
New(er) Words:
Hot
Pop-Pop (popcorn)
Haaaayeee (Grandma Holly - she's been saying this one for a while now)
Num-Num (potty treats)
BeeBeessss (princess)
IIIIEEEEEE (I love you)
And all sorts of animal sounds. My favorites are the elephant, squirrel and cat (she hisses - someone needs to remind us to get this on video)
Favorite Moments:
- Swimming Lessons. In June Haiden and I started parent - tot swimming lessons. I thought she might be a little causious about the water but she wasn't. She drove right on in. No fear! She wasn't too thrilled about going under, but with lots of practice, she's good at it now. She can dive under (me holding her of course) and get toys and she can be dropped in to the water and kick up to the top.
- Singing. Haiden loves to sing with us. One song in particular has a bunch of oooooo's and echo parts in it. It's so sweet to hear her singing along with us. I need to get this on video too!
- Dancing. Haiden has a song called look at my belly. It's currently her favorite and when it comes on she wants both Jason and I to take her hands and dance in a circle with her. How can we say no to that? It's awesome, it's one of our favorite family moments.
Jason's business is going well. He's had some run ins with the neighbors but we are praying that it all works out and that God will bless the company and field and grant Jason favor with the County and the neighbors.
Me? I've got a list of paintings that I'm working on and that's fun. I enjoy doing artwork for kids. I've got some children's book ideas floating around in my head and I just need to get them down on paper. Work has been up and down - I'm struggling STILL with being away from home, but it's where God has be for now. I'm doing my best to take advantage of the time that I do have at home and enjoy every moment with my 2 favorite people.
Well, it's late and that's it for now. I'll try and do a better job of posting. I've got a bunch of videos to add so look for them soon!
Love-
Joy
No comments:
Post a Comment