We spent the last 2 weekends camping with my family at Ft. Stevens near Astoria, OR on the coast. This last weekend the sun was shining and you can't really ask for much better at the beach! Haiden loved the sand and loved the ocean until daddy dumped her off the boogie board. We biked and napped and had a great time visiting with family.
Sunday Haiden woke up with a nasty cold and a deep cough to go with it. Other than going through zillions of Kleenexes, she seemed to fair okay. By Tuesday I was starting to get a little worried - her breathing seemed a bit too labored for me; so off to the doctor we went.
When we got to the doctor they said she seemed okay, no infection, BUT her right lung was weaker than the left so they wanted to rule a few things out before sending us home. She passed the asthma test and then we were on to x-ray just to rule out pneumonia. That was a traumatic experience! We waited and then they took her to the back room without me. They needed to strap her down so she was still enough and wow was she upset? I was torn between laughing (the entire office could hear her screaming) and crying along with her. I knew she was fine - but she was scared, and I couldn't be with her to lend comfort. It was so sad. Anyhow, she survived came out fine, and I just hugged her tight. She didn't have pneumonia thank goodness so we made our way home. Memories right?
Just FYI, even though Haiden is young, there is a chance that she might remember that traumatic experience of being strapped down. I was strapped down as a child when I was just a little older than her and I remember it clearly. Many other people do as well. I'm not saying it's going to traumatize her, but she'll probably remember it.
ReplyDeletethanks for making me feel better Karen! ;o)
ReplyDelete