Yesterday I found Haiden in a corner playing with some Hello Kitty toys. One was yelling at the other to get in time out. The other was yelling back saying that she was innocent. She often puts her toys in time out, but today the "play talk" was louder than normal.So, I talked to her and said that we really need to play kindly with our toys and use nice words. She was reluctant saying "mom, I'm just retending." After a few seconds of silence she then said this to her toys
"Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32"
I am one proud momma. I ran over to her, as she asked me if she got the numbers right, and gave her a huge high-five. How often do I take moments to think, reflect, and then apply scripture to my situation? The answer is not often. I'm being taught SO much in ways that I never imagined...from my kiddo.
I hope this little story blesses you today and encourages you to 1. Memorize scripture & 2. Apply it!
No comments:
Post a Comment