Saturday, May 1, 2010

I love my baby girl...17 months!

17 months!
Haiden has my heart melting lately. She also get it racing with frustration too - but I'm trying to forget those moments.

Yesterday I overheard her singing in her crib. She has a Jr. Asparagus doll that sings a lalalala song and she was joining in. It was such a sweet sound.

We taught her a new sign for up. She raises her hands and claps her fingers against her palms - this sign is to avoid the - eh eh eh whining that she's been doing when she wants up. I love looking down at her, seeing her look back up at me and raise her hands up to me. I feel so much love from her. It's awesome.

Today she was carrying around her water baby. Hugging it and holding it like a doll (not dragging it by one foot). Wow...this made me melt too. It was SO sweet, I'm not sure how to explain it. She's turning into a little girl. Where's my baby? She's grown up and that baby is thankfully documened in miles of photos and video. Man, I miss that baby- but I sure do love the moments like today too. I rocked her to sleep tonight and she had "Mr. Pig" tucked under her arm. She fell asleep snuggling him on my lap. I'm cherrishing these moments as much as I can, because I know soon, it will be over and we will be on to a new stage- and I'll wish I'd held her longer.
Yes, we are STILL potty training...making progress....working on getting the timing right for staying dry. Hopefully we'll be there soon - hey. She's not even 1.5 yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment